After creation of a professional website, the project is not finished. You will need to generate traffic. If it has become easy to create a website thanks to a good number of innovative solutions, the real stake is the development of your audience. For this, we are going to see together 10 points of web innovations that will allow you to shake up your website while recalling the old web techniques, still valid. Okay with you ? Follow the leader !
1. The https, you will use
As you must have noticed, when you surf the Internet, the addresses of the sites all start with “http” or “https”. Recently, Google has decided to favor sites starting with “https” (“s” for “secure”) for the simple reason that these sites are secure unlike others. I remind you that the http protocol is a protocol which makes it possible to receive information from web servers, to send information to web servers and finally to exchange them without encryption. In fact, it should be understood here that the user is content to receive data which is accessible to all, and therefore not confidential. You can imagine that this can be very restrictive when it comes to personal information? The https protocol is the solution to ensure total confidentiality between the servers.
2. The keywords, you will work
Keywords are words that the Internet user enters on Google during his search. Usually 2 or 3 keywords at most. Remember that during a search, the first sites that appear are systematically paying since they are positioned by paid referencing. Then appear the sites that Google considers relevant and especially consistent with the request of the user. Choosing your keywords is the most strategic step in natural referencing (Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Optimization). You must seek to position yourself on a large number of keywords in order to attract traffic to your site. Consider choosing keywords that will perfectly describe your business.
1. Place your strategic keywords in the URL of your page
2. Position strategic keywords in the page title
3. Insert these keywords in the meta description tags (Hn, H1, H2, H3, H4 and H5)
4. Position the keywords in the title at the beginning of the text / of your article
5. Place 2 keywords next to each other in your content
6. Insert keywords in image file names
7. Avoid excessive repetition of the same keyword
3. Responsive design, you will ask
Le responsive design is a website creation technique that allows you to create an adaptable site on smartphones and tablets. In short, to all screens! It has become today a must have for your SEO and to develop your traffic, in particular through the emergence of “mobile first” in the behavior of Internet users (who have become mobile users). the first media for consulting websites is now the smartphone. So how do you make a responsive website? For this, there is software for creating an online website, also called website builder like Orson.io. These are modern website creation tools that include basic free templates and 100% responsive design for the most part. So remember to check and test.
4. The GDPR, you will respect
Le general regulation on data protection (RGPD) - also known by the English acronym of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) - entered into force on May 25, 2018. Its objectives? Better protect personal data, harmonize the applicable law in this area in the European Union and prevent the use of this data without the prior consent of the citizen.
1. Data protection : protect information allowing a natural person to be identified, directly or indirectly (their name, image, photos, postal or IP address, identifiers, telephone number, Social Security number, messages, etc.) .
2. Use of internet users' data: impossible to collect personal data without the written, clear and explicit consent of the persons concerned. Data collection is still possible, but within a defined framework. In addition, the Internet user must clearly know what this data will be used for, that is to say by whom and why it will be used.
3. A file online and searchable: possibility for your users to obtain a copy of their personal data, to request its deletion or to oppose a commercial use.
4. Data transfer: possibility of recovering and transferring data for free (social network, messaging, etc.).
5. Data hacking: obligation to inform users in the event of hacking, theft, diversion or alteration. Any intrusion must be reported to theAnssi (National Security and Information Services Agency).
6. Right of appeal: in the event of misuse of the data, possibility of entering the CNIL (National Commission for Informatics and Freedoms) and to organize a collective action carried out by an association or an organization.
5. The loading time, you will time
The loading time of a website is one of the increasingly important criteria for Google. Do not therefore neglect this criterion since it will play on the score that the search engine will give you and therefore on the visibility of your site. Google estimates that a site's load time should be less than 2 seconds. It is impossible you will tell me? I let you take the test by surfing with your smartphone and watching your patience ... Remember that 75% of Internet and mobile users leave a page if it takes more than 7,5 seconds to load.
So think about reducing the loading time of your pages to avoid scaring your visitors away. Are you wondering how to do it? We will help you ...
1. Pingdom : Completely free tool, 100% online and which allows you to test the loading time of your website from different servers around the world.
2. Orson mobile test : software allows you to analyze your site on mobile, but also to optimize the performance, quality and efficiency of your site.
3. Dareboost : tool used to analyze the performance of its website and its competitors.
6. The images, you will optimize
Once after reducing the loading time of your site, then comes the optimization of your images (often too heavy for the web!). You must know that images are an essential part of your website and also for your SEO.
Internet users are captivated by all visual elements. Optimizing your images should therefore not be neglected, as it helps attract visitors, reduce loading time and position you better in search engine results.
1. Name your images correctly
2. Enter your ALT tags
3. Reduce the size of your images
4. Use the right format for the right image
5. Use unique images
6. Build your image sitemap
7. Chatbots, you will test
A chatbot is a software robot that can interact with Internet users through an automated conversation service. Many websites have made chatbots available to Internet users in order to answer recurring questions. The modern day FAQ! It works in questions and answers. Simple chatbots answer a question by mobilizing a library of content. Whereas complex chatbots are based on artificial intelligence and can be learners.
8. Ties, you will tighten
External links are important for SEO. Let's assume that your friends' friends are your friends. To do this, if my friends' sites have a good image with Google then there is a good chance that my site will be optimized and therefore that my number of visitors will increase. Thereby backlinks allow your site to go up in Google search results.
9. Videos, you will add
We have all noticed it today that video is the most popular media format for Internet users. On the other hand, you should know that a video on a website can increase the loading time. So remember to make the videos short, relevant and effective.
10. The social wall, you will share
You display live on a wall, the same page, all the posts and other tweets from your social accounts or your hashtags. As a result, you will be able to present in an interactive and visual way all types of communications on your operation and at the same time encourage social interactions.